For a number of years marketers have been told that mobile is going to be an important part of any digital strategy. It’s now past the tipping point and mobile is something that can not be ignored.
Optimising for mobile and creating a mobile marketing strategy are two things that if you haven’t done already, you really have to now.
Why? Well firstly, users accessing websites via mobile overtook that of desktop in 2015 and desktop is continuing to see a decline.
If you’re not convinced, then these stats should help you believe in mobile:
- 48% of consumers start mobile research with a search engine [Smart Insights] – this is why you want to create engaging content and have the right marketing strategy in place so that makes it easier for you to be found online.
- 71% of marketers believe mobile marketing is core to their business. [Salesforce]
- 83% of mobile users say that a seamless experience across all devices is very important. [Wolfgang Jaegel] – consumers now expect a seamless experience and brand consistency.
- 91% of mobile users say that access to content is very important. [Wolganga Jaegel] – your mobile site should make it as easy as possible for your persona to access your content.
- 57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site. [CMS Report]. Great user experience [UX] = higher ROI.
- Mobile will likely account for 50% of all digital ad spend in 2016. [Source]
So what does this all mean? Well, firstly you can safely assume that your client or customer (persona) has a smartphone.
Secondly, these persona are more experienced than a few years back and they ‘expect’ a consistent and ‘good’ experience across not only desktop, but also on mobile.
Every touch point should be as good an experience as the other. So your mobile site has to be as good, and as easy to use, as your desktop. And this is achieved through good user experience (UX) design.
Finally, marketers need to think mobile first now. Mobile is no longer the afterthought and marketers are optimising for mobile and focussing more on mobile marketing at an increasing rate.
If you want to make sure your business is taking full advantage of mobile, contact us and we’ll discuss putting the right marketing strategy in place.